Wednesday, November 14, 2007

2007 Sexiest Man Alive

I'm deviating from the norm and devoting this week's blog to my second favorite topic after writing: MEN!!


More specifically, hot men!

Picked up the latest issue of People. I always read on the subway on my way to work (books, for the most part). But every now and again, I capitulate to this guilty pleasure, especially with titles like Sexiest Man Alive. Who can resist? So, it turns out that Matt Damon is People Magazine's 2007 Sexiest Man Alive. Okay, so I like Matt's movies and all, but I don't know. He's never ruffled any of my feathers. I look at him and think "ehhhh" and that pretty much sums it up.

Runner-up was Patrick Dempsey (aka Dr. Dreamy) who I must admit just gets sexier as he ages.

#3 spot went to the ultra-sexy, double-delish Ryan Reynolds. I had no idea he was so tall (6'2" according to People). Drool factor for him just increased exponentially. Is this man hot or what?!?


Good Lord, this is exactly how I want him (handcuffs and all...) and a bottle of Hersheys chocolate syrup.


#4 was Brad Pitt (no surprise there), he's been a permanent fixture of People's Sexiest Man's list for over a decade now (though, imho his age is starting to show).


#5 James McAvoy. I've never heard of him before and his picture did nothing for me, either. Of course, we're all entitled to our opinions, but moving right along...


#6 Johnny Depp! WTH?!!? A travesty if I ever heard one. At the very least he should've made the Top 3. Just look at that face and tell me this man isn't to-die-for sexy!??!



#7-Dave Annable. Never heard of him before either. But hey, he's hot. Sure didn't mind reading about him (you never know when you'll learn something new).

#8-Will Smith. Love his movies and he's a great actor, but like Matt, he's never set my pulse aspiking.

#9-Javier Bardem. The only reason I know of him is because he hails from my mother's homeland: Spain. But I think he's largely an unknown in mainstream America. Personally, I don't think he's attractive at all. But again, beauty's in the eye of the beholder.

#10-Shemar Moore. Now this man is S-E-X-Y. Wow. He was the only reason I watched the Young & the Restless for as long as I did.



If you don't want to fork over the $5+ for this double issue, just go to People's web site. Although, they don't have the complete 100 on there. I believe they only show the top 15. Some of the men on the list, however, left me scratching my head. For example, I'm a huge fan of The Office, but having Rainn Wilson (aka Dwight Schrute) on there? Come on, now.



My top 5 would've read like this:



1)Ryan Reynolds

2)Johnny Depp

3)Christian Bale

4)Jonathan Rhys Meyer

5)Matthew McConaughey




Who are your top 5?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I agree with some of your observations...Matt and Will just don't do it for me...here is my list, but it was sooo hard to narrow it down...

1. Ryan Reynolds (H-O-T)
2. Christian Bale
3. Michael Vartan
4. Patrick Dempsey (my first crush as a kid...LOL)
5. Matthew McConaughey

Dara Edmondson said...

I'm with you on Matt and Will also. Only five, huh?
1. Matthew McConaughey
2. George Clooney
3. Patrick Dempsey
4. Johnny Depp
5. James Brolin
I know #5 is old, but he's still totally HOT!