Friday, September 21, 2007

What POV do you like?

TGIF EVERYONE!!

I'm not talking about head-hopping (a previous blog where we all expressed our likes/dislikes on that topic). I'm wondering what POV readers enjoy. Of course, the POV of hero and heroine are of utmost importance. But I'm wondering about other POVs that sometimes writers use. For example, a villain's POV. Do readers enjoy a villain's POV? What if the villain is a vile, despicable child molestor? Do you really want to know, much less read, that character's POV? I've come across several stories where the killer/child molestor/etc., POV is used extensively.

Personally, I don't really mind it, especially if it adds to the suspense of the story and I've also written in a villain's POV before. I suppose it depends on how despicable the villain is. What do ya'll think? :)

1 comment:

Dara Edmondson said...

For me it depends what type of book I'm reading. In a thriller, I want at least some page time given to the villain, but not very much. I hate to be introduced to the villain's POV halfway through the book.