Saturday, March 1, 2008

Two Releases and An Epiphany



This is a busy few days for me. I have two erotic romance short stories being released from The Wilder Rose Press. Desert of Desire and Blackout are fun, hot reads. It's really exciting to have two so close together! But I had an even more exciting thing happen the other night. Well - it's exciting if you're a writer. I had a huge epiphany about my WIP. You see, I was trying to figure out my hero's inner conflict - a conflict that would nicely compliment the heroine's. As I drove home from dropping my daughter at Girl Scouts, I nearly drove off the road. A flashing light bulb surely appeared over my head. His conflict came to me and so perfectly mirrored the heroine's and fit with the book title, that I almost cried with joy. Sometimes it happens like that - the answer just comes to me at the strangest moment.

What about you? Have you ever gotten such a terrific story idea or filled in the missing puzzle piece that made the whole picture gel?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Two at once! Look at you :)

Dara Edmondson said...

Thanks, Jenna. I can double up on the promotion!